Aspen Valley Hospital (AVH) has come a long way since its opening in 1891. From its humble origins as Citizens’ Hospital, on a donated piece of land between Red and Smuggler Mountains, it’s now the modern facility we know on Castle Creek Road, its location since 1977. A 10-year master facilities project with an estimated cost of $172 million was launched in 2014; most recently, a new emergency department (with a rooftop helipad), three new operating suites, and a new diagnostic imaging center debuted in October. As AVH celebrates its 125th anniversary (that’s a quasquicentennial, for those who wondered), we take a look back at some of the differences between then and now.

Hol16 avhchart ya1lcs

 

Filed under
Show Comments

Related Content