5 Splendid Stocking Stuffers
If you manage to avoid the Christmas-is-in-two-days-and-I-still-need-a-few-more-small-gifts scramble, kudos to you. For the rest of us, here's help—five picks with local flair.
1. We're partial to local jewelry maker Kate Flynn's delicate designs for their good looks, versatility, and affordability. The Alice necklace ($115) features natural zircon stones and hand-hammered 14k gold fill. Flynn works on and sells her pieces in her studio at the Red Brick Center for the Arts (110 E Hallam) and is also exhibiting at the Pop-Up Winter Market in Snowmass Base Village's new Collective building. kflynndesigns.com
2. Aspen Shakti's new signature room scent ($58) uses organic ingredients with a purpose, including bergamot for connecting to divine powers; cedar for sultry undertones and grounding; black pepper for spice, sex and femininity; and lemon for cleansing, clearing, and brightening. There's a body fragrance, too ($68). 535 E Hyman Ave, aspenshakti.com
3. The so-soft, so-cozy alpaca fur pull-through scarf ($85) from new-to-Aspen boutique Peruvian Connection adds warmth and flair to any outfit and comes in several colors. 205 S Mill St, #201, peruvianconnection.com
4. For those of us who like to keep our goggles on our helmet all of the time, the Gogglesoc ($20) is a great way to protect the lens when you're transporting your helmet to or from the slopes (especially when it's rolling around the back of your car). Made of fabric from recycled plastic bottles, the stretchy, microfiber "sock" snugs over any lens and comes in more than 50 prints, including an Aspen signature one. Four Mountain Sports, gogglesoc.com
5. Local company Evoke Women handmakes its leather bags, jewelry, and apparel, and because of variations in the materials used, each is one of a kind. The new Mini Wallet ($59) is available in several types of leather and comes adorned with a bejeweled zipper. evokewomen.com